Dry needling is a highly effective form of treatment using acupuncture needles to deactivate painful trigger points.
Trigger points are a common cause of soft tissue pain. They develop as “knots” or areas of hyper-irritability in a taut or tight muscle, and are frequently associated with muscular stiffness, tightness or loss of mobility. They are common in people that suffer from stress, tension headaches, neck pain, and low back pain.
What types of Conditions Benefits from Dry Needling?
Patients with any of the following conditions may be a candidate for dry needling:
- Entrapment syndromes: Piriformis syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, pronator teres syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, and cubital tunnel syndrome
- Sprain/strain injuries: Hamstring, neck and back.
- Tendonitis: Rotator cuff tendonitis, medial/lateral epicondylitis, bicipital tendonitis, trochanteric bursitis, iliotibial band syndrome, patellar tendonitis, achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis
- Frozen shoulder and other joint restrictions
- Chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Chronic tension type headaches
- Compartment syndromes
If you suffer from any of these problems or are interested in obtaining more information about dry needling, please contact our team at Deutsch Chiropractic Clinic in Watertown.