The technique produces decompressive force to the spine directly under the doctor’s hand that he or she places on your spine. With this technique, Dr. Fred or Dr. Kathleen can carefully control the exact amount of force and the exact location and direction of the force as required by your specific problem – unlike those mechanical automated machines you may have seen do little more than simply stretch the spine.
The treatment is especially powerful for disc problems and for people with radiating arm or leg pain. Its physical benefits include:
- An increase in the size of the disc space opening.
- A lowering of the pressure within the disc that causes:
- Retraction or repositioning of the herniated or bulging disc material.
- an influx of healing nutrients and other substances into the disc
- An increase in the size of the nerve openings in the spine to reduce pinched nerves.
- Restored range of motion to the joints of the spinal vertebrae
One of the blessings Dr. Kathleen received early in her career was the opportunity to work with the innovator of this technique, Dr. James Cox, who is arguably the most respected and knowledgeable chiropractor and researcher in the world. Both Dr. Fred and Dr. Kathleen have decades of experience using this technique.
If you are interested in obtaining more information, please contact our team at Deutsch Chiropractic.